AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

7140 Magnum or JD 4955?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tommy
Posted 11/27/2012 22:34 (#2720636 - in reply to #2720452)
Subject: RE: 7140 Magnum or JD 4955?

Iowa
I have had several sound-gard Deere's w the 466 and had a 7130 from 4200 to 9200 hrs.

Reliability- I would say the Deere is second only to a Magnum. The Cummins motor and 18spd powership in the Magnum are both bulletproof. One can't say the same about the Deere trans, even though they're pretty good.

Every time I got in my Deere's with a hood on, it caught on something and I was about strangled, the cab is tiny. And your coat pocket can catch the door handle on the way out and your face can get intimate with the steps. The magnum cab is a bit quieter and is way nicer and larger w an air ride seat.

Crawling up to fuel the Deere gets really old, but at least the fuel gauge always works-- can't say that about a Magnum.

The Deere hydraulics are better, the Magnum has cables that stretch and that idiotic #1 priority outlet....

Changing the water pump on the Deere is an event. The magnum water pump is 3 bolts on the side of the motor and if you have some antifreeze with you, you can change it in a half-hour on the edge of the field.

Neither turns very good, the Deere needs about 20 acres to turn around and the Magmun needs about 40.

If both have been shredded, the Deere will have original paint that looks like it was just redone last week. It's a very, very rare Magnum that isn't at least a dark shade of pink.

I still have 2 sound-gard Deere's but I'd take the Magnum in a heartbeat.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)