AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

na-churs-alpine starter fertlizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ihman
Posted 6/17/2006 15:24 (#20093)
Subject: na-churs-alpine starter fertlizer

Bourbon, Indiana
this is our second year using this product 6-24-6 applied with rebounders on a 950cih planter at 4.89gpa. Needles to say I wasn't happy with the results this year, I dont know if it was something I did wrong or what but until about a week ago the corn was so yellow and just didn't have a good look to it untill we sidressed 150units of AA. Did anyone else using this product notice this or not? Last year was our first year to use it and we were a little skeptical putting it right on the seed so we put down 2/3 starter and 1/3 water so it wasn't so strong, and we had beautiful corn last year, dark green as soon as it came out of the ground. I don't know what went wrong this year, talked to neighbor he puts on the same rate we do and he had good looking corn. All I can figure is that I didn't get it put right on the seed, and or didn't get it close enought or something, but then again I was putting it in the trench so it should have been available. I did notice that in areas of the fields where I stopped the planter the corn was greener and about 5-6" taller, so I guess that tells me either I didn't get enought on or didn't get it down to where the roots need it. I"m gonna do something different next year, not sure what though.

What are some other set-ups I could use to apply starter in the trench with out breaking the bank?

thanx
Brad
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)