AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

displaying voyager files in yield maps
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Arnie
Posted 11/19/2007 19:28 (#241205 - in reply to #241133)
Subject: RE: displaying voyager files in yield maps

Welcome to the world of reinventing the wheel.  In this case they worked with AgLeader's SMS area to support the new data format.  I think at one time a Case AFS guy told me they worked with AgLeader to do the format as well.....or at the very least support it for yield mapping in SMS.  So you at the least need an Case colored OEM version of SMS or SMS to look at your data.  But it is very possible that MapShots supports it and I do not know about anyone else. 

If you can have your dealer "dummy down" you yield monitor to use the yld format you might be happier.  That is what I did.  This was a few years ago and I had data problems with vyg which eventually AFS did fix but I ended up being caught in the middle between AgLeader tech support and AFS tech support which is why I went back to yld.  It might be to late for you depending on your vintage of display.

It all goes to the bigger question of when does firmware in hardware start to wage war on the end user.  And down the road how much does the end user put up with until they quit buying the hardware and I mean the stuff that rolls on wheels.  The concept of winner take all is still alive and well.

Arnie

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)