AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Custom VRT Ferlilizer and nh3 who would be intersted?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

andrew12283
Posted 11/24/2012 16:23 (#2714457)
Subject: Custom VRT Ferlilizer and nh3 who would be intersted?

Midwestern Illinois
Im looking into starting a company soil sampling, writing perscriptions, spreading dry fertlilizer, and using the farmers yield maps to tell me where they need the potash or dap. I would be using a 2 bin spreader keeping the fertlizer seperate not blended and only putting down dap or potash were it is needed. conventional vrt spread fertilizer is spread were a soil sample says fertilizer is short and you get both potash and dap therefore the co-op sell more fertilizer. but if you overlay you yield map and or planter map i can tell you which hybrid did best on what soil type on your farm, and and if you take off 50 bushel corn on a sand pile i put 50 back in fertilizer not put 200 bushel fertilizer back the soil samplr would call for but the ground would never grow that kind of crop to begin with. tell me your thoughts. cost would be no more than what you pay now for vrt just more accurate and farmer friendly. another thought would be to go to a farmers house and help him through learning all of the functions and set up of his yield and planter moniter. it can do so much more for a farmer than drive a tractor straight. thanks for you thoughts
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)