AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

header cart
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bogboy
Posted 11/25/2012 15:18 (#2716214 - in reply to #2714432)
Subject: Re: header cart

MD Products Stud King if you need/want to pull it fast behind a pick up (very heavy build, susspended front axle, rear torsion axles & electric breaks) or a Horst 4 Wheel Steer if no high speed is needed and you have tight corners/entrances to get into. I'm sure you will be happy with either. I went with the MD b/c I used them to pick up a couple heads I bought a long ways away and it's awesome if I'm moving the heads behind the truck around home, especially if I'm going to and from some of our further away fields (40 miles). The only thing I don't really like about the Stud King is that there's not a lot if ground clearance b/c of the big beam and the sag of the torsion axles and it bottoms out on steep field and laneway entrances. It truly is awesome behind the truck though. As for the Horst I've only seen one in a yard and looks to have better clearance and I'm sure much better maneuverability but no susspension or breaks and not built as heavy as the Stud Kind. Hope this helps you with your decision.

Just looked on Horst's site and they now do offer susspension and electric breaks.

Edited by bogboy 11/25/2012 19:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)