AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need Educated on Backhoe and Skidsteer Controls
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TP from Central PA
Posted 11/24/2012 16:34 (#2714474 - in reply to #2714369)
Subject: Re: Need Educated on Backhoe and Skidsteer Controls

Been running skidloaders for a long time.............Gehl t-bars in the center, then Gehl T-bars at the outside of the cab, then to a Cat with Pilots.............Case hand controls in between. BUT I have yet to figure out that absolutely stupid setup bobcat came up with using your hands and your feet...............How do you do anything with your feet bouncing around? They were made to brace yourself so you can use your hands? Never seen or used something so dumb. I personally hated pilots when I got them, but my wife liked them...............After having them now, you couldn't give me anything else!

As far as backhoe controls, I like Case's 3 or 4 stick with pedal swing..........Grew up running them and comes natural, wobble sticks are ok(Deere setup) but I find it hard to grade with the hoe using them on step banks and stuff, but maybe it is just me...................With that said, my next one will be a 580 Case Super N with the new power lift assist on the hoe and pilot controls. Like my 4 year old said when we were doing a job the other day with my old Super L, "Daddy, we NEED those new controls!"
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)