AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New poster on NAT
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kagen
Posted 11/25/2012 12:43 (#2715976 - in reply to #2714259)
Subject: RE: New poster on NAT

Panhandle of Ne.
Welcome! NAT has a great bunch of folks and a few old grouches [we'll let them wonder about that for a while!!] The one thing I noticed about your bio is that you are married and still admit you don't know anything about women. Well my friend, you are over half way there admitting that. LOL Let me help you get the rest of the way to understanding a woman. At least in 90% of all situations where your spouse is concerned the use of these 5 words covers just about anything. "Yes dear" and "I love you" GRIN

As far as kids go, my wife of 29 years is a little older than me and we were not able to have kids, she had two daughters, so at 57, I have 4 grandkids and 3 great grandkids!! So, I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, to young to have great grandkids but young enough to spoil the heck out of them and send them home. I don't care how bad a day I've had, if my 9 month old great grandson is at the house when I get there, all is good. So it doesn't matter what age you will be when the youngest graduates, just enjoy them. They to soon grow up. You can't worry what the world will be like when the kids grow up. That is something you have no control over. All you can do is raise them the best you can, teach them good values and to work and the rest will take care of itself. I'm quite certain that our parents and our parents parents had the same concerns.

I also farm with my older brother. I've been told countless times by others that they admire he and I for working together so well. A lot of the time it seems we share the same brain as our thoughts mirror each others when if comes to the farm. I wouldn't want to farm anymore if something happened to him. He and I were also very lucky to farm with our parents until they passed.

That thought about never saying "I told you so" is something I completely believe also and have incorporated that into my personal and professional life since the start. I also agree with your patience statement. I believe that patience is a virtue that is no longer practiced by the younger generation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)