AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farming Abroad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Oakwood
Posted 11/24/2012 13:49 (#2714293 - in reply to #2714203)
Subject: Re: Farming Abroad

Manitoba
lived in Romania for 3 years 2003-2006in a small hungarian village. built a dairy there for a foundation through our church. My wife and 3 daughters were there with me and although my wife's opinion would probably differ somewhat it was the best 3 years of my life, no question.

how they do things will vary a lot depending on country and even area within county. where we were it was horse and wagon in one field and cutting edge tech in the field next to you, quite a mix. when there the country was trying to ramp up to joining the EU, since has occured. one thing I will say about that, hand an EU ag regulation to a romanian government official and the level of stupid increases exponentially. neither one is good on its own but together, wow! the point of so many of the things we had to do to meet regulation were beyond comprehension. common sense, rare here now apparently never existed there.

Western Europe will be different and climate in the area will have a lot to do with how things are done. Where I was climate and environment was similar to what I'm used to so the farm there was basically a copy of what the equivalent would be here.

anything specific, ask away, email in profile if you'd prefer.

hopefully some agtalkers from europe will respond as well but noticed the post and thought I'd comment based on my own experiences there. Romania was and I'm sure still is very different in many ways from other areas of europe.

Edited by Oakwood 11/24/2012 13:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)