AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn Calls?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Bruce NW Ia
Posted 11/24/2012 10:24 (#2713987)
Subject: Corn Calls?

Cherokee County, Northwest Iowa
Like isucyclone below on the beans, last couple days I have started to wonder about buying some corn calls. My reasoning:

1) Wide spread drought still here. Drive over Little Sioux River, so low. Subsoil moisture around here same shape as a year ago-dry. News of Drought moving to wheat county-whenever wheat has production problems, corn market seems to go up, at least the way I remember.

2) Everyone was watching "The Dust Bowl" last week. tells us that droughts can last more than one year.

3) Be it right or wrong, I am almost sold out of corn-I am taking $ 7.50 cash and running like a thief. So if market jumps up next year, I will have missed the boat, again.

4) Just thinking about a couple of calls, just something to keep my head in the game, not interested in protecting entire 2012 corn crop. More speculation than anything. Certainly not interested in a futures contract.

5) As of right now, thinking about Dec 2013 $7.50 corn calls costing 21 cents. Better month to try, closer to the money????

I have always thought that it is easier to criticise a plan than create one, so I have done the hard work for you-please, fire away with any and all thoughts.

Regards, Bruce.

Edited by Bruce NW Ia 11/24/2012 10:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)