AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Now this is efficiency...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 11/23/2012 19:14 (#2712937 - in reply to #2712728)
Subject: Re: Now this is efficiency...

Southeast Wyoming

paul the original - 11/23/2012 14:12 I'd love to see my porperty values driven down and not my concern what people have on their property as long as it doesn't leak into my property, so kinda on the other side of that coin, or can at least see the other side. :) --->Paul

I agree with you Paul.  Property values should stand on their own.  When I see this idea that adjoining property or property in the neighborhood drive down the value, I have to remind people that what they are really seeking is for some sort of mansion to be built, hoping it will raise property values, without the present owner needing to invest one cent, lift a finger or "sell" their property on it's own merrits.

I was at a "zoning" meeting a few years ago and a man and wife from the city were almost in tears about farmer's "junk piles" hurting the view.  He had flown around in an airplane and knew the "junk piles" were there.  I tried to reason with him after the meeting with county officials present.  While his wife sobbed in the back ground he was jabbing me hard in the chest with his finger; I didn't back away or brush it away.  Just listened him out, laughed and told them to get help or get a life.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)