AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader - What's next for our setup.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dublin8300
Posted 11/23/2012 10:53 (#2712302)
Subject: Ag Leader - What's next for our setup.

Dublin, MS
Hey guys, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

We have 2 main tractors, both have paradymes/integra with rtk and we have a mobile base due to several circumstances. We have been running this setup for two years, all we use is them for is autosteer. We got this setup because we new eventually that we would probably want to expand to doing different functions.
So I am thinking about adding direct command next. We farm cotton, so we spray a lot, like really alot and sooner than later we will be driving the tractors ourselves. Both tractors have hydraulic ace pumps for spraying. We do not have any spray rate controllers, we just use the old method. We run 12r/38" equipment.

I was thinking of adding direct command, 4 flow shutoff valves (1 per 3 rows), and maybe an implent switch (to planter and plows). What could I expect this setup up to cost me. Do you/your customers think its worth it?

We don't moniter our planter with the integra, the planter is a 900 case plate, chain drive planter. We have a dickey john montior now, it doesn't monitor population. We might upgrade planters in a couple years, but would keep this one. What would you suggest we add to our planter?

I hate having the integra, and only using it for autosteer. It seems like we have most of the expensive equipment already purchased.

Thank you to those that respond.
Andrew
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)