AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FMX-Farmworks-Maybe I need SMS instead?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

jordanwallace
Posted 11/29/2012 07:17 (#2722905 - in reply to #2711910)
Subject: Re: FMX-Farmworks-Maybe I need SMS instead?

Farmworks inputs what you give it for information. Most of the issues growers have been having with the data is actually pretty simple. you just need to give it the correct information. How many of you have completed your event attributes when setting up a field. selecting the information from the list is simple and takes no time. and most growers dont take the time to set it up first. The other issue we are seeing alot of right now is no one is configuring there displays before heading to the field. Populating the data dictionary in the fmx from a farmworks profile simplifies alot of the data transfer. if you want send me your backup file NAR and i will take a look and see if i can help you out with it. Most times its really simple. The Farmworks program is not as complicated as everyone makes it out to be with a little training and field setup it becomes a breaze. pre-season setup is important. No one could run windows 95 at first when we had to switch from dos and with a little fooling around and mayby some luck we learned how to do it. There is a saying what you put into learning you get out of your software and its not different with farmworks. it has a fantastic way of looking at your data but only if you plug what it needs into it on the displays. The FmX display has all the spots in it for getting that data to you just making it faster and more simplified is where we are at. Try this .. go to open a new field, complete the event attributes and then also assign a split planter data set 1/2 the planter 1 variety and 1/2 another.. create a coverage map and sent it to the usbm read that into farmworks ... if you completed your event attributes list i bet your date murges well.
next try sending it from farmwokrs to the fmx and picking from your now available pick lists.

Farmworks has the ability to create work orders or planned jobs. using those planed jobs in a step by step approach will allow you to think of you operation more as a corperate farm and not as a im going to throw seed at the ground and hope it grows. We have growers who have planned jobs for everything and the employee is required to make notes on the workorder printout as he/ she is completing that job. Thos Workorders are stored as a hardcopy record with a data set backup.
the guys who won't complete the job records get the privilege to look for a new job. Record keeping is more important to some growers then a fancy autosteer and or a rate and section control system and the FmX Display or Fm1000 has the ability to do it seamlessly with farmworks you just have to tell it what it needs to know.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)