AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Laser site for BB gun
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Dingeryote
Posted 11/24/2012 01:46 (#2713637 - in reply to #2712847)
Subject: Re: Laser site for BB gun

Michigan.
School Of Hard Knock - 11/23/2012 18:17

Ernie - 11/23/2012 11:00

BB guns are tough on scopes . the recoil is what kills the cheap scopes . Lazer is nice idea . Look at CDNN sports . They are out of Abilene TX . Ususally have a bunch of lower priced lasers for sale. I don't have the URL but I'm sure if you Google CDNN it will come up .

Edit : http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

Recoil is what kills cheap scopes in a BB GUN???What Recoil? That must be a heck of a good bb gun you are talking about or you are joking? Right?What am I missing here?

Piston powered air rifles "recoil" forward, and not rearward, and the harmonics of the spring and plunger bouncing, set up stresses on optical components that were designed for rearward firearm recoil, in a completely different fashion than designed.

Think of it this way. A house sitting on it's foundation is set up to resist Gravity in one direction. What would happen if Gravity was reversed 150% for a half second, then reversed again back to normal, and the process repeated hundreds of times? It's not the force, it's the direction.

On a Laser, the direction of recoil is less of a problem as there are fewer components of much less mass for inertia to act on though, but they will get trashed when put to hard use on a rough service rifle or carbine, unless they were designed for it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)