AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Triple agenda
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JDTECH
Posted 11/22/2012 14:27 (#2711040)
Subject: Triple agenda

NEMO

First of all I would like to wish each and every one of you here on Ag Talk a very happy Thanksgiving day and hope that this day finds you safe and in the thankful spirit. Too many times, I find myself focusing on the day to day activities and today I have been busy making preparations for the meal this evening. But it is in this quiet "down time" or "pause" if you will, that I begin to reflect on the things that I have to be thankful for and find that I have so many, that in a sense, I feel kind of guilty for taking so many of them for granted.

Secondly, I always find it facinating how it greatly differs accross our great country, as well across our country's borders and alos across the waters, the kinds of traditions that we engage in and the meal that we partake of on this day of thanks. We have traditionally had turkey on this day every year that I can remember up unitll about the last 10 years or so. We've done homemade pizza, ham, chicken, etc............ But for today we are just having a small gathering and this year, I choose to bake the traditional turkey. No particular reason, just what I decided to do this year. Along with the 11 lb bird, will be egg noodles (yes, prepackaged, I don't have the skill yet to make from scratch noodles yet), green bean casserole, mashed potatoes (not instant) and gravy and bananna creame pie. So my question is what is on your menu today?

Last but most importantly, What are you most thankful for today? As I mentioned before, I have so many that it is most humbling. I am thankful that I have had a steady job for the last 27 years. I am thankful that my wife has work, even if she does have to work on Thanksgiving Day. I am thankful that I am able to cover the meal preparations so that she doesn't have to be stressed out to get everything done when she gets home and can relax so to speak. I am thankful for my kids, who have, in thier devilish ways, taught me patience, compromise and unconditional love. I am thankful for family and friends that mean much more to me than words can express. I am thankful for my freedoms that I am able to excercise and a big thank you to all of our military personel who fight to maintain those freedoms for each and every one of us. I am thankful for our veterans who have laid the goundwork for those who are still fighting for our freedoms today. I am thankful for those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms and for thier families who have had to endure those sacrifices. Most importantly, I thank God from whom all blessings flow, for all the things that I am thankful for, his love and for life and for Jesus Christ who gave the ultimate sacrifice so that I might have everlasting life.

God bless you all and be safe!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)