AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Geothermal pipe layout: Continuous loop vs main with laterals after manifolds.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

funfarmr
Posted 11/22/2012 00:20 (#2710213 - in reply to #2710154)
Subject: RE: Geothermal pipe layout: Continuous loop vs main with laterals after manifolds.

Ohio
seedcleaner - 11/21/2012 23:30

My installer showed up today to start laying pipe in the ground with a good sized trencher. It will lay the pipe 6' deep. I have two, 4 ton units in the house, one upstairs, one down. Each unit has a pair of 1 1/4" HDPE pipe coming out of the basement to earth.

I expected to add more 1 1/4" pipe and go down to 3/4" after a manifold for as much feet as needed and then some for each interior unit.

The installer told me today that instead of manifolds and laterals, we would do about 1750' of 1 1/4" pipe for each unit inside on one continuous run and then come back to the house.

Does this sound ok? Will it be more or less efficient? Just trying to do it right the first time!

That's how my grandparents geothermal is except they have 2 continuous loops for one unit vs what your saying about 1 loop per unit. The loops follow the same path with about a 10 foot space between them. I wanna say their pipe is 2 inch as well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)