AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which autosteer for MX 230?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cotton880
Posted 11/22/2012 11:54 (#2710860 - in reply to #2710068)
Subject: RE: Which autosteer for MX 230?

Elkmont, AL
Wilson, personally I like the Ag Leader stuff, because it opens the door for a lot of functionality in one monitor. For example on your planting tractor an integra could do steering (paradyme, geosteer, ontrac), seed monitoring, clutch control and starter fert. all with one monitor. Or an autopilot unlocked insight could do all the same things utilizing trimble nav for steering, but you don't get advanced seed meetering. Only problem is there is not a really strong ag leader dealer close to us, although I believe our red dealer can get you AL stuff, but it seems they specialize more on the trimble/CIH pro700 side of things, which an FMX and 700 can do the same thing and probably just as well as AL, I just kind of like the way AL goes about it better, just personal preference. I buy a lot of second hand AL stuff and enjoy working on it (installation, service, etc.) myself, and have had real good luck with it. AL has a great company support and this board has given me a lot of resources to make the AL stuff work for me. Currently, I'm in the same situation as you, I traded for a mx200 as a planter tractor and I'm pulling a Kinze 3600. I was able to trade my AL old seed tube monitoring module for the Kinze sttm and plan on purchasing an integra for pop. monitoring, clutch control and steering. I currently own a couple of ontrac2's but would love to go to integrated geosteer, just don't know if I'm ready to drop the coins to do it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)