AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beans 2:1 corn price
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tommy
Posted 11/21/2012 22:11 (#2710026 - in reply to #2708931)
Subject: RE: Beans 2:1 corn price

Iowa
It may be a bit late to jump on the continuous corn bandwagon-- it may still work but the last two years were worth HUGE MONEY compared to beans in heavier Iowa soils where (with good weather) 200 bu corn is quite possible but bean yields are stuck at around 50 for the past ten years.

I feel beans leave the land in a much more fragile state (loose with very little residue), so corn can actually protect the land and build more O.M.

So I cannot see a downside. No damage to the land and exponentially more profit. My worry is when "everyone" catches on, the show is about over.

One benefit is the spring insurance price is set before planting, so you know going in what your minimum guarantee is, and can then make a final decision.

Lady luck has favored us with high insurance guarantees lately, and that REALLY helps.

I personally feel that with good weather corn belt-wide, we will be looking at fall corn prices below the cost of production, and the c/c deal will be over..... but it sure has worked phenomenally well the last several years, that's for sure!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)