AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bread machines...Tell me about yours.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Aaron SEIA
Posted 11/21/2012 18:19 (#2709600 - in reply to #2708877)
Subject: Re: Bread machines...Tell me about yours.

I find a lot of good bread recipes on allrecipe.com or just a generic Google search. I start the bread dough using the regular paddle and just work up the flour. When it gets too stiff for the paddle, I'll switch tot he dough hook. I played with my sister K-A before I bought mine. She has the standard 5 qt tip up one that the box stores sell. After trying hers, I bought a narrow bowl 5 qt bowl lift on eBay. I like the dough hook better on it than the cheap ones. After I mix in all the four till it looks about right, I'll put it in a greased bowl. I use the spray can cooking oil. Hit both sides, plastic wrap the top and then the proofing trick. If you have a 2 bowl sink it works best. Fill the sink with hot water and float the bowl in it. I have a cutting board big enough to cover it to keep the heat in. After about an hour, that dough is perfect. When I do cinnamon rolls, or my cinnamon swirl bread, I use the bigger side of my sink and do the second rise in hot water as well. I do my own pizza crust every Tuesday night as well. I've done bagels, soft pretzels, cinnamon rolls, cinnamon bread, dinner rolls, Italian bread, French bread. Best part is, I can also make cakes, cookies, banana bread, frosting, all kinds of things in it. All I ever got out of my bread machine was bricks of bread that were too hard to eat the next day.
AaronSEIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)