AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble RTK help revisited
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

jdj59d
Posted 11/17/2007 22:53 (#240170)
Subject: Trimble RTK help revisited

Montgomery City, MO
About a month ago I upgraded an EZ Guide 500 from omni XP to RTK. The RTK signal is from a network owned by MFA, a local coop. I posted earlier on the trouble I was having.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=32271&posts=14...

Since then, the 500 was used about 20 miles away on two other base stations in the MFA network. On the other base stations the RTK worked great. On one farm I was over 12 miles away, and it worked perfectly.

Shortly after I originally started having problems Rick Greene from MFA was out to help. However at this point I was operating in the "good" area, so there were no RTK problems to address. Last week I returned to the area/base station where I was originally having trouble. Within the first few hours of operation I started having satellite problems again. Rick was there shortly after to diagnose the issue. After checking my gps unit's status, the base's status, and using some planning software, Rick felt like moving the antenna at the base station might fix the problem. It is going to be moved in the near future so I will update when that happens. Rick has been very helpful in getting me up to speed. If moving the antenna does not fix the problem, I am confident he will stay on it until he figures it out.

On another note, when I was using the RTK in the good areas/bases it works awesome. I have a fix in about 90 seconds after I power up the 500. After using Omnistar XP for most of the season, using RTK is very very nice when compared to convergence times. I can't honestly tell a difference in accuracy, but all I have used it for is ripping, NH3, and chisel plowing. I expect to see a difference in the spring when the corn planter rolls.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)