AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stamp Farms link
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Dingeryote
Posted 11/22/2012 02:31 (#2710267 - in reply to #2709276)
Subject: Re: Stamp Farms link

Michigan.
FromtheFlats - 11/21/2012 12:02

dinger you have been up on this could you look at the operation and see it coming, i know around me ya see these types and it's plain to see that they dont do things the right way as far as being on time planting and harvest, weed control the whole package. Because if you are paying high rent you better be the one making the higher yields. I just have a hard time hearing this guy speak about how he has it all figured out and grows so fast. I just think there are plenty of smart guys in your area just like in my area that are not poor farmers or managers that have missed something this guy sees or gets suddenly and is so much better than everyone else.

They did a pretty good job of getting in on time, and keeping the weeds down, and not tearing things up too bad. Not much grumbling from anyone I am aware of.
It's one of the reasons they ended up getting so much ground. High rent, and he didn't screw landlords over near as bad as some others.

Some of the folks he was renting from are darn hard to impress, and I know a couple that would rather let the weeds take over than rent to some hack, but they didn't find much fault with the way Stamp treated thier ground.

You're right. Lotsa really smart folks everywhere, are squeezing every corner and not sleeping much, but then there's guys appearing to breeze through untill they trip and fall hard.
There really aren't any shortcuts. Whatever tripped up Mike Stamp wasn't too obvious in the fields, but that is only part of the game, and us neighbors don't see the books, or the whole operation.

It's gonna be interesting to see what shakes out as to what really happened to allow the rapid expansion, and what killed it, if we ever are privy to the facts and not just the rumor mill.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)