AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

barn quilt painting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

BOGTROTTER
Posted 11/20/2012 14:58 (#2707701 - in reply to #2706654)
Subject: Re: barn quilt painting

Kingston,Mi
MDO are the initials for Medium Density Overlay , outdoor plywood covered with a paintable paper surface, it is also called sign board because of its use in billboards and other outdoor signs. Surface is very uniform to apply paint to. I plan to investigate the small spray bottles of touch up paint, at least the design that I plan to paint has maple leaves in 3 or 4 related colors per leaf on a white (or light colored back ground) with a darker boarder and a division boundary dividing the entire piece into 4 smaller ones. If that doesn't look practicle, I'll just buy different colors of implement paint (even if I have to by AC Persian Orange). Just in orange paints there would be the AC Persian Orange, Case orange. After this is posted, I will look at Graingers selection of Rustoleum Implement paints and post what I find. Even if the colors are not what you normally need for touch up, you could always use them to paint and protecct new work until the final color goes on. Menards and others have the MDO plywood in 1/2 sheets, which is the size of barn quilt I intend to paint.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)