AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NH3 Danger different video
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 11/19/2012 15:56 (#2706084)
Subject: NH3 Danger different video

I didn't want to steal the thread below but here is one that comes up when you watch the video of the tank in the field.

http://www.vyperlook.com/extreme-things/policeman-killed-instantly-...

As best as I can tell it is an actual video, not a training video that is faked. It clearly shows the danger from NH3 when there are accidents. This was not nearly as big a leak as the tank in the field, but from the looks of it the driver of the truck didn't even get away from the truck before he was overcome.

I really don't remember how long ago we got our full face respirators but we always have one in the tractor and the trucks pulling tanks. It might not be enough but if you could breath long enough to get away from an accident it might help. That is one reason I never allowed my kids to ride with me either in the field or on the road because if you did have an accident you might not even be able to take care of yourself let alone getting a kid unbuckled and out of a vehicle. I tell my guys to always know where the wind is blowing from and have it in your mind that you might have to bail and hold your breath to get up wind of a spill.

I realize most folks don't think they will have an accident, but more and more it's some other jerk that will run into you, it's not your ability to stay under control.

Accidents happen, be prepared.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)