AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

twinkies,sugar and Mexico
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

maxflex540
Posted 11/19/2012 10:11 (#2705743 - in reply to #2705677)
Subject: Re: twinkies,sugar and Mexico

NW Iowa
And how long until we hear the hapless liberals blaming the conservative ideology for "forcing jobs out of America"? How can people not blame unions for this kind of thing? I saw on history channel last week (yes, they were broadcasting actual "history") that around the year 1900 during the peak of Carnegie Steel, 1 in 11 steel workers was killed on the job due to the lack of safety in the mills. So ultimately unions were formed to force management to help the workers and obviously that sort of result is a good one and was/is needed. But this Hostess thing is ridiculous--the Teamsters had their deal worked out and this little union no one's ever heard of screwed up the whole deal for 18,500 families. I read a quote from a Teamsters rep about it and they did not sound happy at all with the other union.

I guess my point is the unions are the cause of some of the unemployment in the US today, and the same ideologies that the unions carry also points the finger at corporatations at large for "shipping jobs overseas." .....ever wonder what the cost of your new 4wd 4-door HD pickup would be if UAW didn't force GM and Ford to build in the cost of indefinitely paying everyone that ever worked there? And what's the union worker's motivation to not go along with the crowd?....if Hostess shuts down they'll just collect unemployment (a family of 4 can now accumulate $60,000/yr in unemployment benefits, food stamps, etc) for as long as Obama let's them.

What ever happened to appreciating the fact that you even have a job and return the favor with hard work?

I guess I don't have to trade pickups if I don't want to........but now they're messin' with my Twinkies and that is simply too far! Alright I'm dismantling my soapbox now...

Edited by maxflex540 11/19/2012 10:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)