AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how many stay married because of the kids?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 11/21/2012 16:06 (#2709494 - in reply to #2708998)
Subject: Re: how many stay married because of the kids?

Southeast Wyoming

Howdyjabo - 11/21/2012 06:48 We tried twice-- Hubby won't change what I consider little things. Hes a hoarder and can't even see that its problematic. and thinks I am wrong for making an issue over it. Along with other issues.

Hey, I resemble that remark!     lol

Yes, I too am a bit of a hoader, but oh not nearly as bad as my neighbor.  : )

I guess I probably needed this discussion because I do see that it as a problem.  But why do we hoard?  Are we trying to cling to something from the past?  Something that we feel is gone and we regret it?  Is his hoarding really an effort to remember the relationship you once had?  If you lighten up could he loosen up?

Or is he clinging to childhood memories, good or bad, trying to relive something and make it better or right?

Or does he hoard things that he sees as having a monetary value more than what he could sell it for (or give it away, throw it away)?

Have you seriously evaluated your role in his hoarding?  Do you see not need in keeping something older and always want something new or different?  Does he feel the need to save things to offset your spending?

I have no idea!  But it does make me sad to hear your story and know that all you two may need is the spark, the romance that brought  you together.  I suggest you try that marriage encounter weekend again, not so that HE WILL GET THE POINT, but so you BOTH RENEW THAT MARRIAGE CONVENANT, that love that puts the other before yourself.  Remember, THE THIRD TIME IS THE CHARM.  And if even if it take a fourth, fifth . . . or tenth time, you have a lot more going for your relationship than many do these days.  Some people really cannot get along and go out of their way to try to destroy their former marriage partner.  When it gets to that point it there is little choice except to move on and begin the long process of healing.

May God Bless you and your marriage.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)