AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Top Producer of the year
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Marlhauler
Posted 11/20/2012 09:39 (#2707405 - in reply to #2707242)
Subject: Re: Top Producer of the year

Vicksburg MI 49097
johnsp1 - 11/20/2012 07:57

Thank you for your post potterben. Out of all of the posts this has been the only one that is linked to any facts, so I appreciate it very much. Maybe in the future there could be more of a working relationship with growing multi-generational family farms to find a top producer. I have it in my mind hard to believe that you have to be incredibly large operation to be a top producer. Is there a link to the criteria needed to qualify for a top producer.

Thank you for your post

I agree with johnsp1. it is a lot more than just a rumor that Mike Stamps Father filed Bankruptcy a few years back. So this does not bode well with multi-generational Family Farms. In the video with Stamp talking "Many Bankers laughed me out of their office."

OK in this Country you are innocent until proven guilty. So maybe he didn't cook the books. He also said "I have outgrown my Bankers." Wells Fargo ? I thought that was a large Bank. Today I spoke with a Locksmith who says his Lock Smith friend changed all of the locks on the operation.

Why does Runner up for Producer of the year need new Management? My Opinion is that the operation is so big that Wells Fargo doesn't even know where to begin. They want to salvage us much as possible. Is a Bank interested in Farming 43,000 acres in 6 counties or more? Do they want to manage 40 to 70 Employees?

I think their problem is figuring out what to do with the Center Pivots on Landlords land. Stamp had long term contracts on leased land that he put pivots on.

My guess is that most of his equipment is leased. A Grain Elevator with 4 million bushels storage is very good for the area.

I have to start worrying about my business again now instead of Stamps. It's just that he really put a lot of hurt on other Farmers in the area. I just wanted to try and found out the truth not listen to all rumors.
I'm not a farmer, but I am involved in the same 6 County area as Stamp, and you can see some high risk farming on his part.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)