AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Observations in a year of a terrible start
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 6/17/2006 07:02 (#20014 - in reply to #20002)
Subject: Re: Observations in a year of a terrible start

Martinsville, Ohio
I had to read this aloud to LuAnn. She said you should be a writer, Bob! I sure got a chuckle out of your misfortune! Thing I don't understand is you have ridden your 4 wheeler in 10 years????????????????? Using the Mule and my 25 gallon sprayer has made me sing I am the Weedman of the County(sung to Glenn Campbell's I am the Lineman of the County). My fence rows used to be 10 foot tall Poison Hemlocks and now they look like a page out of Viet Nam... Well all I can say is I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!!! Must be all those winter seminars you go to(smiles)

Well I have always preached you plant your beans too thick and I dial this notill down to minimum survival and been sweating bullets all spring... Sure wasn't the year to skimp with a drill... I haven't had to worry about smashing a plant with my foot when scouting... Now I see why some guys plant 225k every year, they sleep better at night in years like 06....

"I am a Weedman for the county and I drive the main road
Searchin' in the sun for another overload(0f nasty weeds)
I see you sneakin' through the beanies, I see you sneakin' through the lines,
And the Martinsville Weedman is still on the line

I know I need a small vacation but it don't look like rain(or too much)
And if it don't that stretch down south won't ever stand the strain
And I hate you more than like you, and I hate you for all time
And the Martinsville Weedman is still on the line.....

Poison Hemlock, Canadian Thistle, Johnsongrass, Shattercane, Lambsquarter, every Ragweed known to man and on and on and on.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)