AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Retiring JD6620-considering a cih 2144/66
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FFJR
Posted 11/17/2012 21:41 (#2702972 - in reply to #2702646)
Subject: RE: Retiring JD6620-considering a cih 2144/66

nc IA
First of all, I'd say since you appear by you description to be a guy that keeps a machine around for a while, then look for a 2166 instead of a 2144, main reason being they are more common for parts long term.

For the IH's - just like your deere - look over your auger conditions and the belts / chains (not many compared to what you are use to). look at the concaves for evidence of rock damage, check out the typical wear areas in for the clean grain auger (the short tube outside going to the elevator, not a big deal) and the pans underneath, also check your grain tank for wear ( best spot is left side before the turrent housing, or behind where the elevator comes up through if it wasn't cleaned out. check your feederhouse floor and chain, check elephent ears for wear in the front (inspection door above feederhouse).

Specific to a IH would be to look over the sieve shaker arms for evidence of worn rubber bushings - excess play in the arms if pried on. Your looking at a new enough machine that you shouldn't need to worry about the final drives like I did on my 1460 or the rear axle pivot either.

Good machines, you will like it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)