AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

soil structure and health
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JWM_Farms
Posted 11/17/2012 09:00 (#2701824 - in reply to #2701694)
Subject: RE: soil structure and health

Grinnell, Iowa
Good grief is right, it amazes me how some of you no-till guys get you panties wound up tight when anyone says something negative about no-till but you can rag on a guy who is conventional tillage all day long and thats ok. Just what is it about your system that makes it the answer for everyone, and who is the annointed individual who decided that was the case? If no-till was such a perfect system then why after forty some odd years is it not a more widely accepted practice? A couple years ago I sold some seed corn to a guy who was a recently retired soils professor from ISU and worked with the National Soil Tilth Lab in Ames, he is full width conventional conventional tillage, I'd bet he probably understands soil tilth. I guess I would say if the guy that is "throwing it away just so their rear end can bounce around in a tractor seat" is so ignorant then explain to me how he's able to purchase those farms? And just to make it clear I'm not anti no-till, we fit the program to the individual farm, we have some no-till, we also do some disk ripping, and "gasp" occasionally we moldboard plow, I'm just tired of the attitude here that if you dont no-till everything your somehow an inferior minded individual.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)