AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

land prices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

centralillinois
Posted 11/17/2012 10:00 (#2701944 - in reply to #2701908)
Subject: Re: land prices

The IRS currently hasn't begun to print tax forms for 2012. 2013 is six weeks away and they have no clue what to expect. Congress needs to get moving and give them a tax law. Obama will use the estate tax law as leverage to get the rates he wants on the wealthy. When we're running a trillion dollar deficit the idea that estate tax laws will be abolished is a dream. How many voters that are subject to pay estate taxes voted for Obama? He didn't get this far by not knowing who is on his side. Personally I think the 3.5 million exemption is too high since that means a couple will be subject to a seven million dollar exemption. If I was named king I'd have a 2 million exemption. Someone has to start paying taxes or we'll be headed down the same road as Greece. Since I've bought more land than I'll inherit it doesn't bother me to see land sold to pay taxes. If I was an heir I might feel differently. If I was a miller lite drinker I'd prefer the bud lite drinkers be taxed. No one wants to see the budget deficits but everyone wants the other guy to pay taxes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)