AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Did you have a chemistry set?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mad Max Perf
Posted 11/18/2012 18:25 (#2704420 - in reply to #2701502)
Subject: Re: Did you have a chemistry set?

North Western Alberta
Pokester... I wanted one BAD... lol I used to look in the christmas catalogue, and always wanted a chemisty set, a microscope, one of the "150 electonic projects" electronic set, and also for some reason, one of those "Smash up Derby" sets. Never got any of them. Yes sir.... parents some times DO know best. Especially in high school, when we made hydrogen bombs in giant ballons, and then lit one in the classroom. The report and shock wave was so wicked, it blew a bunch of the flourescent bulbs in the lights, and our ears were ringing... Man, it was AWESOME!!!! haha ha!!! Great times. My buddy had one of those electronics sets I mentioned. I remember one project was a transistor radio you could make, and it worked great. Also, a walkie talkie project, we tuned it to the frequency of his little brothers walkie talkie... and it worked. My son, when he was about 5 to 10, always liked to stop at the surplus store "Princess Auto" and buy electric motors, etc. A bunch of his toy cars, etc had way more power than they did stock. When a car requires a 1.5 volt AA battery, and you wire in a 9v, they really rip! However, pinion gears and other weak spots presented themselves. :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)