AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Did you have a chemistry set?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 11/17/2012 09:33 (#2701894 - in reply to #2701502)
Subject: RE: Did you have a chemistry set?

just a tish NE of central ND
no..... I wanted one at one time,and it is probably good thing, I didn't get one(safety) but I never got farther than testing rock for limestone by applying vinegar using it as a substitute for hydrochloric acid .I remember doing some electrolyzes of water experiments with batteries, and making hydrogen with zinc and acid? and making a battery with a lemon and copper/ zink. Or was it zinc and vinegar? Cant remember for sure right now. Also did some //er, um, .....allot) of playing with farmers matches and several bolts screwed together to make a explosion. That all came to a halt when I blew a bolt part in the shop vise and I got to think about how lucky I was it didn't kill myself doing it. I also ddi the coal garden / blueing thing where you grow crystals.....I would have like to learn photo developing,(more chemestry) but seems that is such a thing of the past now day, and never got the opportunity to do it as a young man .It seems there isn't even much about it on the Internet these days with all the digital technology.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)