AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

liberty herbicide???'s
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Dinga
Posted 11/17/2012 09:07 (#2701839 - in reply to #2701795)
Subject: Re: liberty herbicide???'s

New Madrid, MO
I have been using Liberty since 2004 in cotton when it was Ignite (not ignite 280) and it was blue. We then moved to all crops liberty with the release of LL soybeans in 2009.

Yes, water is key..... and I feel like it is the cheapest thing I put in my Sprayer. I use 20 GPA at a minimum, sometimes 25. Liberty is a contact killer much like Paraquats, and if you only spray half of the weed, when you come back, half of it is dead.

As it was stated previous, starting with a clean field at planting and incorporating a residual into you pre-emerge always helps. And timing on the first application of liberty is when the weeds are 1-2" tall. I have gained control of some bigger escapes, but it may take 2 shots spaced out about a week apart.

As far as tips go, I would recommend the "old school" flat fan tips, the finer mist works better in this situation. I run 80010EVSs in my rig. I have tried the drift control tips and the bigger droplet can work against you. Drift is still a concern, but not as it is with roundup vs non-gmo or Liberty crops. You almost have to have a hurricane wind or spray directly over the top of the neighboring crop to do much damage. Liberty may speckle it up, but it will green out of it very quickly.

AMS does help, but is not really neccesary if your temp exceed 85-90 degrees f.

I have been rained out while spraying before, and usually about a round or two is all that I have to re apply.

Hope all this helps.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)