AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Welding ????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 11/16/2012 14:46 (#2700615 - in reply to #2700508)
Subject: RE: Welding ????

central - east central Minnesota -

Buster 50 - 11/16/2012 12:12 I may have become infamous among farmer welders with this post. http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=338658&pos... I have been watching a few videos on you tube as suggested by old pokey and have learned a few things, but wonder what is the best direction to proceed from here. Do I need to buy an AC/DC welder or just some 7018AC rods? Speaking of rod, what do I do with all the fancy rods I bought from 5 Star? Are they just pretty colored flux on regular rod? They claim up to 90000 psi breaking strength.

If you do any amount of farm repairs or farm welding. . .  spend $400 - $500 bucks and get a Miller Dialarc welder.
They are AC/DC and if you find the right one, can be set up for tig welding (like gas welding with a torch) aluminum and stainless.
Once you get on DC, you will not use AC again. If you step up to a Dial Arc . . you'll wonder why you never broke down and spent the dollar earlier. It just plain works so much easier . . . your beads could even be confused with a professional welders work (Old Pokey) ?
I've seen 2 miller DialArc's on Mpls craigslist that sold for $400 and $450 - I called on them. They were gone. The one guy said, he guessed he sold his for too cheap, as he had so many calls - yup.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)