AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Speeding ticket
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 11/15/2012 06:32 (#2698143 - in reply to #2698119)
Subject: RE: PAY the fine..

Chebanse, IL.....

I disagree w/tj farmer on "fighting the ticket". Life is not that simple of "you were wrong no matter the circumstances...", it seems to me anyway. However, I'd suggest to the original poster that it may be more important (even monetary-wise) to do whatever is necessary (again meaning spend money) to keep the speeding ticket from his driving record. Having it appear on the record could have far greater monetary damages in years to come.

I also think speed traps are low-life money generators. Their primary concern is not for saving life or limb. If they were, they would put a flashing light on top of the speed limit sign, but instead, they're meant to trick you. Many small towns that I've seen have speed signs reading like the following in driving succession. Please note the non-successively diminishing speeds:

No problem....just put most of your attention on reading & obeying the signs instead of driving defensively & watching for errant stop sign coasters, which to me is the most common infraction in small towns. But, it's their way of life until they crash into you. But hey, at least you were going the limit when they hit you. That's important. Again, the signs are done for trapping reasons. Small town revenues. You'll note that if you ever get a speeding ticket on an interstate highway by a St of ?? employee (aka cop), that the local county govt & often a local municipality gets a cut of your donation. Why would that be? Answer = income...pure & simple. Check it out if you ever get a ticket....again.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)