AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

According to Gleaner……
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

scottinswil1
Posted 11/15/2012 00:29 (#2698032 - in reply to #2697966)
Subject: Re: According to Gleaner……

Southern IL Randolph County
It seems very rare for a Gleaner dealer to have a late model CIH or Deere combine on their lot. We have run gleaners for years and the R76 we have now has plenty of capacity for our operation. I could honestly see where trying to run high moisture corn with a 12 row head could be an issue at times on the older machines. If you have been round these R series for years you know what they are capable of and how they work best. The simple design without the crazy amout of hyd lines is something I have come to like. Yes there are things they have slowly improved the last 20 years and it seems you are either in or out with what they offer. I drive past the local JD dealer 40 plus miles to deal on my Gleaners as do the red and yellow guys in the neighborhood. Gleaner to me seems a little detached from everything now that they have no tractor line to associate with anymore as all other companies still do. It is easier when you are running a certain line of tractors to work with that same dealer on your combine deal and service.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)