AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What skid steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TP from Central PA
Posted 11/14/2012 20:46 (#2697436 - in reply to #2697402)
Subject: Try them all!

I would run all of them if I was you and make a decision.............When I was looking I wanted a Deere in the worst sort of way, but my wife didn't like them so we kept looking. At an ag. show we sat in a bunch, talked to salesman, and decided it would be either Gehl or Cat..............I grew up with Gehls and liked them, she prefered the Cat. Salesman at my Cat dealer found us a low houred machine for a smokin deal so we went that route. I couldn't be happier, at first going from the Gehl T-bars to pilots was stange, I didn't like them for finish work, but as time went on and I used it more I got the feel of not having the hydraulic feel so to speak and you couldn't pay me to go back to anything else. With that said, I'd have T-bars if pilots weren't available, after that Case Hand controls...................I don't know what Moron at Bobcat decided to keep that stupid hand/foot crap around so long, that setup absolutely stinks IMO.

Oh, after running a Deere some now, my wife was right.........I would have smashed my head into the wall if I had bought one of those. Hard to get in/out, lap belt is a PITA, hard to work on because everything is all jammed in, and not impressed with the power either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)