AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new diesel pickup...which brand?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 11/14/2012 19:37 (#2697250 - in reply to #2697151)
Subject: RE:Serious consideration ~

central - east central Minnesota -

blue collar - 11/14/2012 17:42 gonna buy a couple diesel pickups, likely 1 ton's as they are virtually same price as 3/4 ton's. We have a 2007 or 2008 ford F-350 now which has been horrible in every way, and the fuel mileage is pathetic. i've heard the newer ford diesels are better but i guess we are little scared of being burnt again with Ford. so that leaves GM and dodge. Between Cummins and Duramax which one is best for fuel, longevity etc. who would have a better tranny (automatic). I prefer the looks of the GM but looks isn't whats important I guess. Any other things to look out for?

If you are pulling more then 70% of the time - Maybe you should give serious consideration to the Gas trucks now?
The gas trks are less money, just as reliable as diesel for high miles, cheaper to run, cheaper to maintian, get as good a mileage as diesels - even pulling light loads, offer the same heavy duty trannys as the diesels and likely have better resale.
I've had diesels all my life, new pickup for me will be gas . ..
For pulling, I'll have a single axel semi trk . . . . ..  It would be as cheap as anything and have more breaking power and pulling power then a pick up anyway. ..  ..
I see a day, due to the emmisions standards in the USA, were diesel pickups will dwindle down to nothing for sales . . .
Maybe it's different in Canada, but in the US, the diesel is short lived ~ All diesels pickups in the US, will have Def . . think of keeping that flowing in cold weather. Ya, the trk has a heater, but you will need to keep oyour supply heated in the winter, to keep it useable.
All this - in my opinion ( IMO )

Edited by iseedit 11/14/2012 19:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)