AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Interesting presentation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 11/15/2012 18:23 (#2699017 - in reply to #2698648)
Subject: RE: I hear you Von

Thanks for the well thought out and worded post John. You have distilled these complex issues and ideals down into understandable thoughts that most can understand. I thank you for sharing your knowledge, links  and understanding here. Your post has clarified and expanded my understanding of these situations and what seems to be the most likely scenario moving forward.

John Burns - 11/15/2012 12:02

It will stop in one of two ways. 1. voluntarily, or 2. involuntarily by the collapse of the currency. To date "2" is winning. I hope they choose number one instead. The current buzz word for number one is called austerity. We can see how well that is working out for Europe. I am guessing US citizens will have about the same reaction if and when number 1 choice is attempted.

I'm not sure it really matters if it's 1 or 2 the end is still much the same.  They can take the pain quickly and now or they can take the pain gradually and ever increasing as they try and print the problems away. When food and fuel prices escalate in price the end results will be exactly the same. Either no money to buy due to austerity or not being able to pay the exorbitant prices it all hurts the citizens the same way. Hungry people usually take matters into their own hands in not so pleasant ways.

By these govt's failing to act they likely have admitted their own failures. They know it and are paralyzed to address it so they will continue to kick the can and  print until there is loss of faith in bonds and currencies and it all comes unraveled.  In the terms of medical spending it will continue until one of the the triggering events you described happens. I am constantly amazed at how long this insanity can continue. It has already went on far longer than I initially thought possible so I would imagine it can continue on for a great deal longer yet. The fuse has been lit though and it burns continuously and when it finally goes inside the box it will be with little warning but things will certainly not end well as you suggest.

You said "I feel compelled to take actions based on a variety of potential outcomes by not betting everything all on Red 17 on the roulette wheel of life but on the other hand sometimes feel paralyzed to make a decision for fear of the as of yet unknown consequences."    I agree. You will never become a Donald Trump or George Soros by playing it safe, but my needs are modest and I'm perfectly happy with my station in life and will be tickled pink if only I get to keep it. Farmers in the 70's thought they had leverage figured out till the government changed the rules over night. Governments are apt to do just that, so one never knows what the future holds. Best to be spread out a little in ones position.

Agreed my needs are modest and my wants are few. Have no desire for the living large lifestyle,high risk lifestyle or keeping up with the so and so's mindset.

I want to be free to live my life on my own simple terms, do the things I enjoy the way that I wish to do them without being pestered, harassed or bothered. Seems that infuriates lots of people though in the fact you just want left alone. They simply can't leave a person alone to do their own thing without trying to somehow interfere.  I simply wish to hold onto what I have worked so hard for. Again that seems to anger many who think they are entitled to a portion. So spreading things out over different scenarios still seems like the most prudent plan. The idea is not to hit a home run just get on base instead of striking out completely by swinging for the fence. 

On the grains I suppose many small sales along the way would be prudent perhaps not catching the blow off top but hopefully avoiding full exposure to the  cratering of prices at the bottom. 

Again your wisdom and insight on these matters is most appreciated

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)