AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cash ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

mennoboy
Posted 11/14/2012 20:02 (#2697311 - in reply to #2697012)
Subject: RE:Plowboy

Rivers, MB
I remember that post Redman. Have though of it often. It went something to the tune of "why use your own money for something if you can rent money from someone else for less cost than what using your own money for an endeavor would cost".

I would echo one of the other poster's thoughts that I refuse to have debt on personal stuff. Personal vehicles, toys, vacations etc. Yes, debt is debt but compartmentalizing the debt into personal debt and business debt forces one to rationalize the reason for the debt. I don't have trouble with manageable debt if its on something that is making money or producing value. Debt on depreciating assets that aren't used for businesses just has the wrong "feel" for me.

Hope to be at the point someday where I can say where we're on a cash-only basis but won't be for a while, yet. I'd agree that if you're in a continual growth mode, then debt is probably an inevitable situation but at sometime, we all need to ask ourselves, do we really need more? I never thought that was even a question worth asking when I was just starting farming at age 24 but now (with 40 looming), I realize it is a question that is necessary.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)