AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bred heifer $ poll.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

coochief
Posted 11/14/2012 22:24 (#2697768 - in reply to #2695852)
Subject: RE: Bred heifer $ poll.

SE MT

Damon,  first of all,  WOW   1200# hfrs   won't find too many of them here in MT.   Most all hfrs here are bred at 13-14 mos. of age and calve at about 2 yrs of age.       A 1000# lb heifer is usually what people shoot for around here,    A rule of thumb is to breed at 2/3's of mature Size.    Therefore, breed at 800,  mature at 1200-1250 in there working clothes.         But these numbers would not fit, if you are talking some exotics, or large frame cattle.      
       But to answer your question there has not been much test of the market yet other than one larger sale the fancy hfrs, calving in 2 week windows, brought 2K each.       Untill our part of the world gets to green grass and see some rain, I don't think they can get much higher.   We need to get winter behind us, hay is tight and expensive for those who purchase feed.   But come spring if things get back to normal, and the Corn (midwest) crop goes in on time, and into some subsoil moisture I think this cattle deal could happen fast if we still have some demand left.   Assuming the world hasn't collapsed between now and then...                My   .02$   
          Are you Buying or Selling??

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)