AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

VA Benefits to reservists?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ernie
Posted 11/13/2012 18:22 (#2695277 - in reply to #2694947)
Subject: Re: VA Benefits to reservists?

North End I-15
one has to have served more than 180 days on active duty to apply . That exempts most of the Guard guys who only did the 6 months active duty . Checked it out a few years back. I did 6 years , 7 months and 3 days in MNG . Actually did more that 6 months but the 2 week leave between boot camp and secondary training school is not considered active duty . They put the wrong date of discharge on my papers to make it fall under the 181 days needed to qualify .

Edit : what they have changed is admittance regulations as to who can join the Vets and American Legion. Under the new rules I now qualify . The membership in the small towns has decreased to non functional levels . Cut Bank , Montana No longer has a Vets or Am. Legion chapter.
The unit from our small town was called to do a service for a former Vet . Locals say it is too far to drive to continue to do that , and expensive with distance and gas for a no fee service.

The American Legion Club in Sweet Grass is a important meeting place on the border. Lots of receptions for weddings and or funerals are held there .
Also community hall type meetings .
Used to be a great place for dances . Tough to find a band to play there now . Most like me are in the later years of life and don't boogie to the music of today :-)
Now what you get is a person with sound equipment and CD's
My I do wander..........

Edited by Ernie 11/13/2012 18:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)