AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey, what's that?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 11/13/2012 08:56 (#2694583)
Subject: Hey, what's that?

A friend and trusted precision professional, sent me a link to this site. Hey, what's that? It can be used to find the coverage line of sight etc., from any given point and elevation above ground.

When I asked about the rtk base station here a short while back, she saw the question and called me to straighten me out on a few things. Good thing too. So here is an image she sent me that she made from the above site. At the 70' that I was thinking was plenty high for the base station, it would not cover any of the land that I travel to. 70' would only cover the HQ area.

So now that she, we'll call here Jammie for this purpose, has set me straight on a few misperceptions, perhaps the base ownership is not the way to go, but instead that CORS network may be best.

What had me so bent on the base ownership type system, was Ed Boysun's setup. His explaination and antenae tower is so un-complicated I thought even I could figure it out. But it turns out, the topography and other factors come to play, making that type system not viable for me.

So do you use the above linked site for your purposes, and what else can you use it for?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)