AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

white 2-155 fuel tanks ,
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Robert W Greif
Posted 11/13/2012 18:04 (#2695248 - in reply to #2695000)
Subject: RE: white 2-155 fuel tanks ,

Dallas Center IA 515-720-2463
Not quite Ross-

"According to Bobby Grief there were a couple years of 2-135/2-155/2-180 tractors made before they started hooking the two tanks together and only had one cap. He says a lot of the old style were converted to the new style as well."

Only the very first 2-135 and 2-155 had the two cap sucker deal - Thank God!!

It was changed by the time the 2-180 was on the market.

I only remember one tractor, a 2-135, that Uncle Harold sold with the system.

Also both my tractors are 1977 models. One cap.
The fuel gauge is for the top 40 gallon tank. When it says 'E' you still have 20 gallon left. PP setup.
Later ones had the gauge reading both tanks.

I had a 12 volt electric pump on the 2-155 for quite awhile. Injection pump was having trouble keeping itself in fuel.

Running one of those out of fuel was a PIA. You had to fill the lower 20 gallon tank, plus enough in the big tank to be above the filters.

I liked that electric pump.
In fact I put one on my 2-135. It was having problems at low rpm. Acted as if out of fuel.

There is a check valve in that big short hose on the bottom tank. That valve can get plugged.

White or then Oliver first used the combo vented and non-vent caps on the fender fuel tanks. It probably worked Ok on the tall fender tanks.

Also both our 1955 and 2255 have the small 15 gallon tank on the side of the cab. Above the wheels, in place of fenders.
Vented caps on both 15 gallon tanks, non vented on the in front of dash tank.

Little tanks were used up first. They were a PIA to fuel. Either a long hose or move the tractor. And a short step ladder was really nice.

After awhile I figured that one out. I put a vented cap on the big tank. Really I switched- vented on big tank, and the non vented on one of the 15 gallon tanks.
Could fuel without moving then. On longer days in the field, I put the caps on right.

No starting problem with that setup. Fuel did not have to go up. Really I think you could have had vented caps on all three tanks and it would have worked great.

At present the rubber hoses on the 2255 are shot. Just use the big tank. Vented cap on it.

My 2-105 is a very early one, probably a 1974. It even has a Amp meter instead of a Volt meter.

It had the electric fuel pump switch done before I got it.
However I have had poor luck keeping that 12v pump running.

And since my 2-105 is now back in service after the 2007 dash area fire, I bet the same ten gallons or so of 2007 diesel fuel in that lower tank will still be in there as long as I own the thing.

The only working wiring on that tractor is the 1- The battery ground strap. 2- Cable from + post to starter solenoid. 3- Wire from hot post on solenoid to a key switch and back to small post on solenoid.

Edited by Bobby Greif 11/13/2012 18:43

(DSCF0616.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCF0616.jpg (62KB - 420 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)