AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can I use ag leader air clutch with FM 1000?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/13/2012 08:41 (#2694548 - in reply to #2694505)
Subject: Re: Can I use ag leader air clutch with FM 1000?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Still a bit confused.

Ag Leader's product for Deere Vacuum planters is called Sure-Vac. It uses electricity to move a plunger to block off the vacuum to the seed disk to that the seed drops back into the seed chamber rather than getting to the ground.

Another Ag Leader clutch product (Sure-Stop) uses a clutch at row that is activated by electricity.

The Trimble folks would want you to use their clutches rather than the Ag Leader clutches. With some adapters it is possible to have the Trimble displays (and others) work with the Ag Leader clutches. These adapters change the wiring connectors so that the two systems can mate. There can be an electrical polarity issue that must be changed but this can work fine.

The Trimble air cluches do not operate on vacuum. They operate on air pressure. There is a compressor and a tank with a pressure switch to start/stop the compressor. Air from the tank goes to various air valve boxes. When the system feels that a section should be OFF, it sends electricity to the proper air valve so that air pressure is sent to the proper air clutch(es) to disengage them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)