AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Speaking of cleaning up your trade in
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CASE3594
Posted 11/12/2012 23:39 (#2694242 - in reply to #2694095)
Subject: Re: Speaking of cleaning up your trade in

Tuscola, IL
Good point. Nobody is making a difinitive connection between the cab being clean and the machines mechanical shape/history (although some have taken it as such). But, from my experience in the shop, the cabs that look like that are more than likely going to be equivelant to that mechanically. I'd rather clean out a cab than go around with a grease gun, so if they can't even manage to do that, they have probably skipped some service somewhere. It's just the impression it gives. We clean out our cabs every evening. Usually no more than a pop can or two and maybe some aluminum foil from a sandwich. But I like to be comfortable in a cab when I'm spending all day there and I couldn't be comfortable pushing trash around with my feet. That being said, our equipment gets washed once a year (tractors twice, spring and fall) and waxed once a year. We don't run anywhere new equipment but what we run still shines. It's a personal preference and a dirty tool will run just as well as a clean one. Couldn't agree more with the house/yard comparison though!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)