AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does a lower price increase farmer selling
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 11/13/2012 09:14 (#2694613 - in reply to #2694540)
Subject: Same out here.

We're just about to wrap up our fall deliveries.  With the short crop and the inversion in the markets a lot of grain has been brought forward.  It's a LONG TIME till fall harvest of 13.. Where is the inventory to carry us till then?

We got about 0.70" of moisture from Saturday nights storm.. along with a lot of wind.  There are area's of the state that are still not half emerged on the wheat.. (to my south..)  I'm not sure how big of an area that is.  Also the Western part of the state mostly missed on this storm.

I noticed on the maps that before this rain.. an area basically from here to Blackwell Oklahoma to the SW to Amarillo Texas had ZIPPO precip in the last 30 days.. 

So far for the calendar year we have 16.76" for 2012 an improvement on the 11.33" for 11 but still only about half of a more normal year like 08 when we got 32."  They are telling us that the outlook is "more of the same" with a third year of below normal precip on the way...???  With possibly a slight improvement.  Water Allocations will really start to bit this next year and irrigated acreage will be down here.

Right now my expectations for 2013 corn crop are not much larger than 12.5 to 13 billion.. from what I see here.  We had almost 12" of rain "here" during the 2012 HRW Wheat crop growing season.. so far we are a little over an inch.  I don't have much left to gamble with.. but we won't be tossing the final poker chips on the table for awhile now.. until the weather pattern changes.. we're in a Mizzou "Show ME" attitude.. vs last year's "aw it's got to start raining sometime..."

jmho.. could be wrong.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)