AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hugger corn head
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tr70
Posted 11/12/2012 12:09 (#2692885)
Subject: Hugger corn head

I run a 6-30 hugger on my r52 -- Is there a more aggressive stalk roll than the factory -- when I run 4 mph it does a nice job -- but the stalk is basically intact - just smashed to the ground- still 1/2 length -- any faster and the start standing -- this is fine for combining but for corn on corn its tough to get nice -- I hit a field with a heavy disc and still couldnt get thru with a chisel because of the long stalks. I hit it with a disc a second time -- looks ok but I'd like it blacker - but going back and chiseling now is alot of fuel per acre. Do they make a more aggressive knife roll or something that will make these shorter -- then I think my older tillage equip would work. Either that or I'm looking at going to stalk choppers or a disc chisel -- but my big tractor is 170 drawbar - so not alot of ponies to really pull a ripper or disc chisel of much size. This is erodable or I'd plow -- also contour so that'd be a pain. The hugger can make it look good from the road but is kinda disapointing when you get out and look it over.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)