AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got the lute done...thanks to suggestions here, calf gains etc.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

JDSWMO
Posted 11/13/2012 09:46 (#2694655 - in reply to #2692927)
Subject: RE:Once upon a time

an engineer smarter than the rest of us peons would tell anyone who would listen to let there cows graze standing corn, several posters on here cautioned against doing so but the engineer assured everyone he and his vet were the only ones that knew how to take care of cattle in the great white north and that he would continue with his master plan. Well as time went on the engineer would post pictures and tell the peons how he had everything figured out, then one day the pictures stopped some more time past the engineer then went on a rant about never ever feed a pregnant cow that evil corn. What could have happened to change this brilliant mind you ask, well as it turns out the engineer had some calving trouble with one of his precious herefords and decided (all on his own) that maybe feeding cows all the corn they can eat isn't a good idea.

So yes Mr bassett in my eyes you crippled a heifer, because of your arrogance you had to put her down. The discussion the other day about waiting to give a lute shot was going the same way as in the past ( you were blowing guys off that were trying to offer a little helpful advice) so I tried a different approach. Now I'm not claiming that what I said the other day is why you talked to your vet about waiting to give the shot but I would bet that it was what made you stop and think about what the other guys were trying to tell you.

Do you really think a mature bull is going to "let" a bull calf breed one of his females?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)