AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Drying Efficiency
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 11/11/2012 23:20 (#2692187 - in reply to #2692155)
Subject: Re: Grain Drying Efficiency

Morris, IL
The dry bin is going to be 30-36' i would say, a tall one so probably in the 20-30k. I really don't see that being problem cooling with any half decent fan but you tell me? I've never cooled grain with any smaller fan then fan used to dry grain.

I really think a SQ16E or TC163 set to vacuum cool sould work really well for me compared to a stir-ator. I should have no problem getting 50,000-60,000 bushel through it even if it's 30%. Maybe i'm wrong, just seems like going from stir-ator to CF the capacity is going to be like night and day. I mean some of the stir-ators, your lucky if you going more then 50 bushel an hour plus cooling time, plus transfer time. CF dryer might only do 150-200 in 30% but no transfer time and it's cool for mst part going to dry bin.

So to recap, are you saying go with full heat and get more capacity or start figuring bigger vacuum cool? I'm looking at it this way, SQ16E is going to put a 30'-42' bin to shame in capacity and efficiency, SQ16E sure beats the heck out of a Stir-ator even if it isn't biggest system.

Edited by NEILFarmer 11/12/2012 00:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)