AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

anyone on here have experience with autistic kids
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

funfarmr
Posted 11/12/2012 18:05 (#2693442 - in reply to #2692499)
Subject: RE: anyone on here have experience with autistic kids

Ohio
lawfarms - 11/12/2012 08:14

Autistic is the new general term that all the kids that have issues are in the autism spectrum. All the kids are different. When i was in school any kid that had issues was ADD or ADHD now the dr's say the kid is Autistic.

ADD and ADHD are very different from autism. I used to have ODD and ADHD and I am not nor was I ever autistic. I'm almost 20. I took medicine for close to 10 years to be able to control my behavior. There are many different levels of autism. I have a 2nd cousin who is 16 that has autism. The form of autism that he has is mild compared to others. His parents have tried to make his life as normal as it can be. He goes to a public school. He can think for himself it just takes him longer to make decisions. He can talk fine. He loves doing things on the computer. In fact for most of his school work he asks if he can make a PowerPoint presentation about what he learned. He doesn't have behavioral problems. He doesn't like being in groups of people because it makes him feel uncomfortable. At thanksgiving he will eat with us but then he usually goes off and plays with his toys for the rest of the day. He lacks the mindset of a 16 year old. Like I said he still plays with toys that 10 year olds play with. On the other hand I know of a person with autism that is out of control all the time. He can't talk but he can walk and can hurt people easily because he doesn't know when to stop.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)